Friday, August 8, 2008

School Has Started!

Well, school has started! My kids went back on Wednesday. I like having my mornings back but right now I have not been able to take advantage of them. I will get into my routine next week! It's been a little crazy around here this week. I took pictures but I can't get my camera to work for some reason, so I can't post them. I've been wanting to post pictures of the FlipFlop event as well. If I ever get it figured out, I will definitely post pictures! The kids have had a good first week of school. Rebecca is loving middle school and has already met several new friends. She is in Chorus this year, so she will have a few performances at the Performing Arts Center. Randy says that this is going to be a good year for him as well! He likes all of his teachers. He started Spanish and he has Stagecraft so he is excited about that class! Tanner came home from school and informed me that First Grade is VERY BORING! (and, you don't get to walk down the hallways by yourself either!) His new thing that he keeps reminding me of is that He is a big boy now. He is almost 7 years old and he is in the First grade! He thinks he doesn't need me anymore! Until it is bedtime and he wants me to snuggle with him before he goes to sleep. Reminds me of the Psalm we just did in Stepping Up. Psalm 131:2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child, is my soul within me. We talked about being like that with God. Weaned and independent, but not so independent that we do not rely on Him. We rest in Him. Still and Quiet. We give Him our day. Independent enough that we do what He has called us for, but Dependent enough that we allow Him to guide us through it. I hope you all have had a good week. Let's remember to pray for our school systems; the leaders, teachers, students and the parents!

No comments: