Thursday, August 21, 2008

Learning to do new things!

I had a great flight! I was able to ride first class and I had a window seat! It is so cool to look down at the clouds. Of course, then my mind gets to wondering, What kind of clouds are those? Stratus, Cumulus, then I said okay Bridgette, it's time to start reading your book! I am still reading Believing God. When I arrived here, I took a taxi to the hotel. I had the best Taxi in San Antonio! That is what the taxi driver said! He was very friendly and gave me history and points of interest on the town. very nice! Then I came to hotel, and went to the Riverwalk! It is so neat! I ate at a little mexican restaurant right on the river called Rita's mexican and margarita bar. NO, I did not have a margarita! I would not have been able to find my way back to the hotel! Besides, I'm wired and crazy enough without adding any substance! Of course, as Beth Moore says, We are Women of Means... Women of Substance! ANYWAY, I am leaving in just a moment to go to the women's conference, I am renting a car. so, got me to thinking... I have taken trips by myself before but it has been a long time. The first time I flew in an airplane, I was sixteen. I saved my money and bought a round trip ticket to Houston to see my Grandma. I flew all by myself out there and back. It was fun! I'm so glad that my mother let me do that. I know she was probably a nervous wreck because at that time, she had never even flown in a plane! I have driven to Houston by myself and also had to drive to Greensboro and Charlotte on business. Now, I am doing some other things I have never done before, like... renting a car! riding in a taxi! eating at a restaurant by myself! (I would usually get drive thru and take it back) walking around this place with noone but me, myself, and I! I was just walking up and down the Riverwalk, looking and soaking it all in, and I would have no one to talk to or show, except for God. So, I talked to Him! Don't get scared, they didn't come lock me up for insanity or anything, I didn't talk out loud! Although I usually do! But, I had a nice time yesterday and I know I am today! It's just amazing that even at the age of Sixteen, God had a plan for me and he was preparing me. I had someone ask, have you ever done anything like this before? Well.. some. Obviously, this is a much bigger time span and requires a little more. Of course, I am an adult now! I can do a little more! So, yes in a way, I have done things like this before. But also, I'm learning to do new things! For so long, I was afraid to do new things. So, today, I'm headed to do something else new! I'm going to go rent this car and head to a women's minsitry leader conference with not one single person that I know! and I'm sure that by the time I leave there today, I will have some new friends! Tomorrow and the rest of the trip, I will be with all the ladies who are coming to the Beth Moore event. I can't wait to get to this conference and see what God has in store! Hope you all have a good day! Love, Bridgette

No comments: