Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saying Goodbye :(

This was an incredible experience for me. When I get home, I am going to work on my notes and soak it all in. God's presence was strong; he spoke to me and I can imagine that he spoke to everyone at this event. I have had a great time but I am ready to see my kids and my husband! I've really missed them all. Tonight I met with the ladies that I told you about in the earlier post and we had dinner. They have been so much fun and I know that we will be friends forever now! We met at the Fully Loaded conference. Now, you know, I couldn't remember all their names the other night and so I need to tell you the one I forgot! Her name is Julie, and when she reads this, she probably isn't gonna want to be my friend anymore because I forgot her name! She has such a great, spunky personality, I don't know how I could have forgotten it! Of course, it is probably because we called her Lion! Ha!Ha! okay, funny story! At Fully Loaded, I took a training class that taught you about personalities. We took quizzes and then it would tell you what animal you were. Well, we were talking about it over dessert that night and we were laughing because several of us were Lions, in other words, we like to take charge and tell everybody what to do. Like I said, I thought we were gonna get thrown out of the restaurant! Anyway, we've pretty much have called each other that all weekend! Or whatever personality was showing up, we'd call it out. Except for Kristi, she doesn't talk much, probably cause she doesn't get an opportunity to with all of us! She's the quiet one. She's a golden retriever. Sweet:) Honestly, getting out of the car tonight was sad. I am going to miss them so much. I really connected with them and it just felt like I'd known them forever. We laughed so much tonight and we were able to discuss what we learned. We each shared our stories and what God spoke to us. Angie leads her women's ministry, so her and I talked about sharing some of our ideas and they had another friend that I met tonight. Her name was Shanda. She has such wisdom and the words that she spoke to me was exactly what I needed. She is a great Godly woman. I am so thankful that God put us all together. Oh and just so you know, Cari and Julie are the crazy ones! Once it hits 10, it's over! The rest of us behaved! :) Cari home schools her kids and she's really smart. Tonight we all passed around pics of the kids. I think were all ready to get back and see them! Well, I can't wait to get home and see everyone. Our Daniel Bible Study starts in about two weeks! I cannot wait to get started on it! I think last I checked, we have 8 signed up at church and around 6 for my home group. Everyone that I talked with here said it was good. It was one of their favorites. If you haven't signed up yet and would like to, let me know. I will see you soon! Bridgette Here's some reading for you. It was our focus scripture from Beth. Next week I'll start posting points that she gave us. For now, meditate on this. Psalm 16, read the entire Psalm, but the emphasis will be verses 5 & 6..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bridgette,

Bless your sweet soul!! I just loved meeting you and getting to spend time with you. I felt like we had been friends forever. Acting like a wild woman is really not my nature when I meet someone I don't know. I'm usually very composed and mature. It's only after they've become one of my close girlfriends I let loose a littel bit! I guess that just means we were meant to be great friends for a long time.

I pray that God richly blesses your ministry in the coming months. I can clearly see your servant heart and the love you have for the Lord. I know He has great things in store for you.

I hope you have a magnificent week. I will be checking back soon to see what you are up to!

Much Love,

~ Julie

GratefulinGA said...

Bridgette,
Our time together was so brief, but what joy! I am so glad we got a chance to share a bit, it was such a good time.

You had quite a long trip with the Fully Loaded conference as well, you should be rare'in to go!

And Daniel...that is one of my favorite studies, Beth Moore or otherwise, much rewarding work, enjoy!

Glad you came by the blog so I could check in with you until we meet again Siesta.
Blessings and Hugs,
tammy

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Bridgette!! I am so glad you found me!

I really loved meeting you and it kind of stinks that we only spent so little time together.

What a blessed weekend, huh?

Bridgette said...

grateful in ga...
and Gayle,

It was brief time! But it was so fun and I was blessed this weekend!
Tammy,we don't live that far from each other we should get together sometime!
Gayle,
When I go to Pelham, we should do coffee!

Thanks girls, it was fun meeting you!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

There were so many people I wanted to find but didn't. I was pretty much at the Siesta stuff by myself also. The size of the group, and my limited involvement were not conducive to me meeting a whole lot of you guys. I am really hoping for a Fiesta Part 2 next year and I will totally be more involved, of course unless the Lord changes my plans again. :)

Blessings friend.
Donna

Anonymous said...

Could you please post your notes about the personalities?
Sounds like super information that could be very useful when dealing with women's groups.
Thanks,
Donna

Bridgette said...

Yes, I sure will! I am going to begin posting my notes today. It was very useful information that can be used in all of our relationships! I will post on it today, hopefully, I'll have them on here by lunch!

I'm sorry, I'm trying to put a face with the name, were you at the conference? and if I met you, please forgive me! I am awful with names! If I write it down I can usually remember!