Friday, August 22, 2008

New Friends!

The women's conference was great. It was exactly what I needed! I love the way God works, it amazes me. It really does. I met new friends! :) Some were from the area, some from Midland, some from Oklahoma, and I think the other group of ladies that I met were from the Dallas area. Having a hard time remembering that and I spent more time with them! We finished the conference last night around 9:30pm and went and had dessert at a place called Mimi's cafe. Great place. We had also ate there for lunch as well. That is where I first ran into them but we did not sit together. We actually sat together at the church for supper and then for closing worship. So, since we didn't sit together at that neat little place for lunch, we decided that we would go there for dessert. We had such a great time! Their names were Angie, Kristi, Cari, and I think I've forgotten the other name! I am so bad at that. Maybe it will come back to me. We're going to hook up later this afternoon. We laughed so much, they were so funny! I thought we might get kicked out! I also met a nice lady named Denise. Some of the other ladies I met were Jennifer, Patrice, and there was a lady who is called frozen chozen on her blog but now I can't remember her real name! They were all trying to help me get back to the church this morning and back here at the hotel in time for my lunch at Pico de Gallo! But the times were not matching up so it didn't work out. I didn't want to spend the money on the rental car again today so I turned it in this morning. I had a good morning though. I did some shopping and took some pictures, reflected on yesterday's lessons...you get the picture. Now I'm getting ready to go have lunch! Oh, before I forget I also met these other ladies at the opening worship. I can only remember two of there names, we sat side by side, It was Beth, Bridgette(me), Brenda! We thought that was funny. It was great worship led by Kelly Minter. She has a great voice. Last night, Travis Cottrell led worship for us. He gave us some encouraging words. Remember this particular conference is for women who are leading women's minsitry, so he was speaking to us on that. But I thought how relevant for us all. Not only is he a great singer, he is also a great speaker! Everytime I hear him, he is always so encouraging. Anyway this is what he said and then I'm going to lunch! You all have a great day! There are times when we are called to serve and we can get overwhelmed or think that the job might be too big for us! If God has called you, he has CHOSEN you to serve. Keep your posture. Keep walking in His Power. In Jeremiah, he tells us that He has set up boundries for us in pleasant places! He is with us. Keep our hearts open to Him. KEEP YOUR POSTURE. I. LOVE. THAT. STATEMENT! KEEP YOUR POSTURE!

No comments: