Monday, August 17, 2009

Ruth Post 3

They arrive in Bethlehem. The people have gathered around and can not believe it! Naomi is back! Can this really be her! Yes it is. But look at Naomi's response in verses 20-21. Naomi changes her name to Mara, which means bitter. Naomi went away full but returned home empty. I'm sure we have all experienced a time of disappointment in our lives when we had expectations for something or someone, only to come home empty-handed. What about changing your name! Have you ever just wanted to change you name? I know I have told my kids before that if they called my name one more time, I was changing it! Sometimes, you just wish you start life over. Are you experiencing that time right now? Pray and ask God to help you through it. Allow Him to give you His strength and His comfort. Ask Him to send you some encouragement through a friend such as Ruth. Be willing to accept His love and His friendship. Ruth gave up her land, her people, her gods, and her life for her Friend. Christ gave his life for us and He calls us His Friends! Isn't that amazing! And you know what? When we give up our gods and give our life to Christ, he guides us, provides for us and he blesses us! As we continue to study the story of Ruth, we will see God's promises fulfilled in her life and in the lives around her. He is awesome, and I love Him! Have a great day!

No comments: