Saturday, August 29, 2009

Okay, I went to the Simulcast this weekend and heard Beth Moore! Yeah! I am so glad that I was able to go. I really needed a fresh WORD! I just want to take a few minutes to tell you about some of what she ended with because it made me think of the last post I did earlier this week. One of the points she made was that we need to do good. She asked us these two questions: Who can we help? What good can we do? Here's the part that really got me. She was not talking about doing what is right. She was talking about doing some good! She brought up an interesting point. She said we get so caught up in doing what is right, and we think as long as we are doing what is right we are ok. (i am paraphrasing here!) We hear stories, see people, watch the news, and we think, "well, we are doing what is right". Just because we are doing what is right- if we do not do good- what good did it do? She brought up the fact that this is the reason so many people don't like us! They see us doing what is right but not doing anything good! There are people out there who are hurting, who are facing loss, who need our help. What good are we doing? We were studying Psalm 37:4 but the verse we were referring to here was verse 3. Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. some translations say feed off of his faithfulness! Nursing Homes, Children's Homes, children in our church and schools who need mentoring, pregnancy crisis centers, hospitals, jail, neighborhood... these are just some suggestions... Here is the last statement I wrote down. God will deal with evil... we need to worry about doing some good. Feed off of His faithfulness...dwell in the land He has you in...enjoy safe pastures... and DO SOME GOOD! I want to thank the ladies at my church. You all mean so much to me and I love Bible Study and I love hanging out with you! You are all such an encouragement to me and I love each one of you. Can't wait till Tuesday! (BTW-we are meeting Tuesday night for a special time! you won't want to miss it!) LOVE YA!~

No comments: