Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Inheritance Post #2

Okay, Ladies! We're gonna get it through our heads, that we are an heiress of God! We have a beautiful inheritance! I will post 4 points today, and the next 4 on Friday!

1. I am an heir of God.

My life is not left to chance!

I love this! My life does not happen by fate. Everything that happens to us, (the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!), serves a purpose and works to the good of the Lord! The trials we face in this life are not for nothing. They are for a purpose! People, Places, things, EVERY detail. They are a part of our life and they help make us who we are. There are no chances! There are choices! HE can make it a beautiful inheritance! 2. I am an heir of God! I am inheriting a kingdom! Matthew 25:31-35 the kingdom is in us- but we are not yet in it. What are we supposed to do with it since we already have it in us? It's like the parable of the talents in Matthew 25- we are to multiply it. then when Jesus comes- we give it all to him. and then we recieve our inheritance. You see, Jesus lives in us. We have him already. His Holy Spirit dwells within us and His Power dwells within us. But we have not yet been assigned our property! We are not just going to exist in heaven! We are going to LIVE! like we have never lived before! We are to invest in the lives of people around us. Multiply it. Give it to Jesus. We will receive our inheritance. He is preparing for us a kingdom in Heaven where we will have real lives with real people! We will not be see through like ghosts! We will inherit: Presence! People! Property! 3. I am an heir of God. He is my portion.... (I will give you the rest at the bottom of this point) Deut. 10:8-9 The Levites did not receive a portion of land. They were set apart and consecrated to serve along side the priests. They were dispersed into the cities to help and to be a blessing to the others. Listen to what this says: That is why the Levites have no share or inheritance among their brothers; the Lord is their inheritance, as the Lord your God told them. You see? The Lord is their Inheritance! The best thing we could inherit is Him! Now, Look at this: Deut 4:20- the Lord took you and brought you out of... to be the people of his inheritance. Deut: 32:9- For the Lord's portion is his people, Jacob, his allotted inheritance. Who's portion was that? (the Lord's!) What exactly was His portion?(US!) We are the Lord's Portion! Fill in that next part of the statement. He is my portion... and I am His! We are the new Testament priest of God! Through Christ, we have been set apart, consecrated and dispersed all over this planet Earth, to be salt and light to the world, to bless others, to multiply what Christ has given us! WE ARE LEVITICAL PRIESTS! Can you believe it! I just love this stuff! I think I'll stop here for now and let you soak all that in! Or let myself soak it in! Thank you all for letting me share my notes with you! It's getting me fired up again just reading them! I pray tonight as I finish this that all of us would read these and receive what Jesus has done for us. He loves us so much that we have been set apart! Our Life is not left to Chance! We are inheriting a Kingdom! He is our Portion...and We are His! AMEN!

1 comment:

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

There are several songs that we sang that weekend that we also sang at church this past weekend that carry a lot of new meaning for me now... He is my inheritance... and I am His.