Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Prayer Warriors

This was a topic that came up a lot in my conversations and in my Bible Study this week. We're doing the Daniel Bible Study by Beth Moore. In the study, we took a close look at Daniel chapter 2 this week. In verses, 17-19, Daniel goes back to his friends and urges them to plead to God for mercy. You can read the text in the chapter to get a better vision, but they were facing execution by the King of Babylon unless God revealed to them the mystery of the dream of the king! So, picture something like that taking place in your life. Hopefully, you aren't facing execution by the king! Although there are many people in this world who are killed everyday for what they believe. As I am writing this, I am reminded to pray for the missionaries and the persecuted church around the world. There are many people who face death for choosing Christ. We are very blessed to be able to blog and talk openly about our faith, without worrying if it will cost us our life. I wonder if we would be as strong as Daniel and his friends. What made them so strong? In verse 23, He says to God, "You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king." Daniel and his friends, urgently sought after God, asking him for mercy, for wisdom, for knowledge. They worshiped him and praised him all through the night. It was during the night that the mystery was revealed to Daniel. When we face trials in our life, how do we react? Do we seek him urgently? Do we call on our prayer warriors and worship God and praise Him? Or here's a question, Do you have a group of prayer warriors? When I asked myself this question, I was trying to think, when is the last time, that I called on some people and we prayed together. Now, I am surrounded by people who pray for me. My husband prays for me. We have recently gotten a lot better at praying with each other and for each other. Which I am so thankful for! I know that the ladies in my Bible Study group are all praying for me and for each other. I feel very comfortable talking with them and sharing prayer request with them. I have friends and family that I know pray for me and I can call them anytime and request prayer. I have people who call me and request prayer and I pray for them. But, on a personal level, when you feel like you are being attacked, or something comes up with your job, or your children and grandchildren, or your health, how do you handle it. I feel that God is speaking to me that I need to be more personal in my prayer life. Oh, I love him! I praise Him! I worship him! I pray to him! But there are times, when I need to be very deliberate about seeking him urgently. I am guilty of saying, I'll be praying for you! I need to pray right then with them! Oh, it is hard! It is personal! It is pouring out our heart to God in front of others! What if I don't sound right or say the right words! Do you struggle with these same issues like me? Here's a little song that popped in my mind that I am sure you all know! It's Me, It's Me, O Lord! Standing in the need of Prayer! You all have a great week! I love Ya! Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king! Daniel 2:20-23

No comments: