Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our Inheritance Post #4

6. I am an heir of God. The will has been activated. When we lose a loved one, and there is an estate to be settled, we have to go to the reading of the Will. The Will tells us what is to be done with the things that were left behind. Lots (stuff, money, property) are portioned out to different people or organizations. Jesus Christ became and is our Will. He died on the cross, rose again, and the Will has already been activated! When the time has fully come... we will be given our Lot and Portion! 7. I am an heir of God. I can be secure! This is a very important topic here. Everyone, at one time or another, usually deals with Insecurity. Insecurity can lead to destruction! Our young girls today are dealing heavily with this because of the trends in the world that they are facing. Our culture says that we have to look a certain way, be a certain way, etc. Sex is promoted on everything these days, even shampoo uses it to advertise! (this is my own adding here, I buy Herbal Essence alot. I was in the tub and just started reading the back of the bottle and could not believe the way it was describing how to use the product. I was thinking to myself, I don't know if I want Rebecca, my daughter to read this! That's pretty bad, ya'll! We can't even buy shampoo for crying out loud!) Anyway, this type of stuff causes our young girls to be insecure in who they are as well. When we are Insecure, we usually tend to want two things: Affection and/or Affirmation. Here are some things that can happen because of this. unhealthy relationships putting other people up on a pedestal. talking about what all you have to do in such a way that it is a "chore" for you instead of serving. My preacher, always says, It's not a GOT TO, It's a GET TO! This is what Beth called Exhausted for Christ! This is a desire for affirmation and/or sympathy from fellow believers which can be caused by Insecurity. She also said, if we are exhausted and it is chore work, we need to look at what God is telling us to Let Go of. and We might just need to go to sleep! We can be secure in who we are because of Christ! We are co-heirs with Christ! We are Royalty! We have a beautiful inheritance.

1 comment:

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I loved the point that the will has been activated. There as to be someone die if we're to have an inheritance. Oooh. I get chills even thinking about it now.

~Donna