Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Daniel Bible Study Part 1

Well, we finished part 1 of the Daniel Bible Study this week. What a great Bible Study! I have had such a good time getting together every week with all my Bible Study girls! We have learned alot, laughed alot and shared alot with each other! It has been great. I love going to Bible Study! When everything else doesn't make sense, God's Word does! What fun it is to share what we've learned all week and discuss how it applies to us. Even the bad stuff! I have seen a few things take place these past six weeks. I've seen women grow in their relationships with one another. I've seen women come together each week and pray for one another! I've seen women excited about studying God's Word and LEARNING! we have learned alot! I've seen God answer prayers that these women have lifted up to Him! I've seen God speak to us, teach us and change us! Here's a few things that I learned: God's sovereignty God is able to humble the proud God is actively involved in our lives God has declared me (us) a Holy Vessel and I (we) need to treat myself (ourselves) as such. God sets up and deposes, meaning, He gives and He takes away! When God has to do some pruning in our lives, even if there is nothing left but the stump, he will grow us back with healthy branches! God sees, God hears, and God knows, what happens to his people. He is the Ancient of Days! He has been here since before the beginning of time and He sits on His Throne. He is Judge. When we feel like things have happened and people have gotten away with stuff and the innocent is suffering, or if we feel like no one is standing up for us and fighting the battles for us, GOD IS! We can live in this culture and in this society and be relevant without letting it corrupt us. He has appointed us at this particular time, in this particular place, right where we are, to be DANIELS. Like Daniel, we can resolve to be consistent in our walk with Christ, to actively live out our faith, and to trust and believe that God is sovereign and He is able! I can't wait to start Part 2! Have a good week!

No comments: