Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The land of Make-Believe!

Well, it's been a little over a week since I last posted. I have been busy, busy! My nieces came to spend a couple of days with me last week and so I had a couple of things added to the good old "to-do" list! I worked out in my yard a lot last week as well. God has been showing me some great stuff though! I am putting together lessons for our KidZone Messy Camp, which takes place in July. I will be using this material that I am studying to write devotions to post on here. Here is a little bit about what we are going to be studying. Let's go to the land of make-believe! We are on location at the ancient ruins left from the temple in Jerusalem. For one week, we are going to be digging and hunting for clues to put the pieces together and find out what happened to the temple in Jerusalem. We will also investigate, and gather information and materials, to find out when the new temple will be built in Jerusalem and what we can do to help build it. The funny thing about God is, He knows what is ahead and what we need. The Bible study that we just started at church is on the Psalms of Ascent. Believe or not, alot of information that I am learning in the Bible study is helping me write the material for Messy Camp! I love the way God always works that out! He is so good! and smart! Anyway, for the next couple of weeks, we'll be learning about the temple in Jerusalem. It is very interesting. So, pretend you're in Jerusalem and you are looking for clues! Get ready to learn about the temple and what we can do now to help build the new temple. I hope everyone is having a good summer so far. I know I am! I love summer, because even though we are busy, it just don't feel that busy. So, here is some homework for you. Read your Bible and learn about King Hezekiah. You can read 2Kings 18:1-8 and 2Chronicles 29:30-31, 35-36. It's not alot of reading, only 12 verses! This will give you some insight on the King we are about to start our study on. I'll post again on Wednesday or Thursday! Have a good day! Bridgette

No comments: