Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bible Study (this was going to be about bible study, however when you read this, you will see God had a different plan!)

Hey Everyone! I'm sorry I have not posted anything new in the last few days! Been a little crazy! We had a great weekend. Friday night we had our friend and her family over and had a really nice time. The kids played so well and their little baby is sooo cute! It was really a great time because we were able to just chill out while my husband grilled! That's my kinda cooking! We went to church service on Saturday ( we offer Sat. night services ) and then went to our Family Reunion in Alabama on Sunday. We had a really good time! The kids were able to swim and fish and Randy was able to show off his NEW guitar! It was nice seeing everyone. We just had a death in our family last week; Uncle Oscar went to be with Jesus. His wife, Aunt Lois, made to the reunion. We were all very thankful that she was able to come, I think it was good for her. Sometimes, it can be sad at a family reunion, when you think about those that are no longer with us. But also, it is the time that we celebrate those that are not with us; the legacy and traditions that they have left behind. It makes you remember them and look around at your family, and for just a moment, you feel the bond that has made the family strong and holds them together, in all circumstances; the good, the bad and the ugly! Every family has experiences that make them stronger. Sometimes, we think that we are not going to make it through the bad times, there may be times that are just gut-wrenching and unbearable, but it's through Christ that we are able to pull through it. When we finally come through, the bond holds the family together, a little stronger. Uncle Penny said the blessing for us, but before that he talked about their Mother, which would be my husband's, great-grandmother. They started this as her birthday party every year and then when she went to be with Jesus, they continued to meet and celebrate her life every year. I never met this woman, but you can tell that she was a strong woman. She was and still is, loved very much, by her family. Uncle Penny also announced that he and his wife, Aunt Joyce, were celebrating 62 years of marriage! What a celebration! I couldn't help but look over at Pat, and thank God for him and my family. I pray that one day he would be able to lead the blessing and say the sweet things that Uncle Penny said about their Mother and his wife. It really makes me want to be a better wife, mother, woman, all of the above! It also made me think, once again, to Praise Him in the Storm. (I like that song by Casting Crowns!) It is the storms that we go through in life where God can show us many things about ourselves! We learn our "good" qualities and what we can handle, but we also learn our "bad" qualities and what we may need to work on! God doesn't want us to suffer, he longs to shower us with His blessings and His love, but he will allow the storms to come in our life so that we are able to reach for Him. So that He can show us "I AM". It causes us to realize that we are not in control and that we need Him. When we finally let go and Let God pull us through the storm, we come out stronger, we come out knowing that HE IS and we come out believing Him. So today, I celebrate! I celebrate my husband. I celebrate my children. I celebrate my family. I celebrate my friends. I celebrate the Storms in my life that I have been through. I celebrate the Storms in my life that have not yet occurred. I celebrate My God, the Great I AM; that he is able and that He will do what he says He will do. I celebrate life. I don't know why I am trying to make us all cry first thing in the morning! I was just going to say hello and tell you that we're starting a new Bible Study at church today and that I would post the last "lesson" on Ephesians in the morning! However, as I started typing, that's what I wrote! I've been thinking about those moments since Sunday, so I guess He wanted me to share it with you. Thank you for listening and for allowing me to share my weekend with you. I celebrate all of you today, too! Bridgette You know there is a song that goes with this, but I don't sing, so I'm sure you know it, you can sing it yourself!!!

No comments: